I have this great photo of the gravestone, so I was able to use that, but REALLY I need to get my database in order. So, this week's to-do list includes:
- Pull out [paper] file and review contents
- Add info and sources for anything not recorded
- Make notes of missing info for further research
- Be sure that I have checked my good Ohio sources such as the Hayes Obituary Index
- Make sure all children have birth info with source
- Scan mystery tintype of a man that my Grandma thought MIGHT have been from the Saurer side.
In pursuit of New Year's resolution #5 I will work both forward and back one generation from Caroline in my cleanup this week. It shouldn't take that much in the one generation forward as I believe my great-grandfather was the only one of her 5 children who lived to adulthood to have children of his own. There is that one brother in California to check on though. See, writing this helps straighten out in my mind what I need to do.
There is now one other reason I need to work on cleanup and research. Miriam's fantastic post over at her AnceStories.blog about posting our brickwall ancestors was like a wake up call. I need to be able to clearly identify my problems, in the way she has outlined, before I can expect to either get help or see what my next research opportunity is.
Off to get some work done!